Thursday, March 20, 2008

HALCALI Revival.

Yes, HALCALI's 'Tip Taps Tip' came flying out of nowhere today only to get stuck in my head ALL DURING THIRD AND FOURTH PERIOD, BOTH OF WHICH LASTED FOR ETERNITY AND KEPT ME AWAY FROM MY IPOD. UUGGGHH!

It's been dormant on my iPod for awhile now, but today it was well-played. Probably well over twenty times. Good god, this song is addicting!

So, in order to effectively re-live the second half of my sophomore year, I decided to look up the music video too.

I forgot how many lawls it gave me back in the day. Oh, nostalgia... how I love thee. <3

I mean, this was way back when Haruka and Yukari were rocking the 'big hair and rainbow colors' style. Anyway, there are so many things about this video in general that just about kill me. For one thing, just the fact that Haruka and Yukari are frolicking through a random forest sends me into convulsions, but the fact that they're on a hunt for question-marks while being watched by a hoard of random birds (one resembling the 'O RLY?' owl) just makes me die a much more spastic death.

This video seems so old-school now, but it still has the effect of making me writhe with joy.

It doesn't help that 'Tip Taps Tip' is just an awesome song in general. I'm not a big fan of semi-slow songs, but Haruka and Yukari's elite harmonzing, combined with the trance-inducing background music (particularly the bass line) reminds me why this is one of the first Japanese bands I truly fell in love with.

[/touching sentimental moments]

2 comments:

Stupid Iz-iot said...

Hahahaha, this PV did bring the lulz!

What did the fire/matchsticks mean, though?

And I think the ORLY owl was the king of all the birds watching. Which is only right.

Lord Dianabol said...

halcali rules!

Yes, I'm a fan ;o)