Thursday, March 13, 2008

Awesome New Discovery.

Since I'm a little bit slow on the uptake sometimes, it took me almost half a year to determine that 'Bloom 06' is indeed 'Eiffel 65' masquerading in disguise.

And I'm so excited I could just about pee myself.

Their last album, Crash Test 01 for those that care, was released in 2006. Plenty of time to get uploaded to sites where I can actually access it, right? Nope. My europop addictions are, for some odd reason, incredibly hard to get a hold of. Limewire was only good for 'The Crash' and 'In The City,' but I'll keep trying now that I know I've been kicking limewire's stupid butt for Eiffel 65. Hah, and don't even think about the iTunes store unless you want American, and only American music.

Although Bloom 06's music has a much darker feel than Eiffel 65's upbeat crack-pop, I've got nothing but good things to say about them. I swear, sometimes it feels like Jeffrey and Maury know exactly how to word some of their lyrics for the most powerful interpretation and ensuing response. Yep, these Italians pretty much rock my technopop world.

Both 'The Crash' and 'In The City' (HAH, THE ONLY ONES I'VE BEEN ABLE TO FIND SO FAR) are both so simultaneously mopey and pretty that it kills my soul... and then ressurects it again. I wish they would come up with an actual music video for The Crash instead of just a random assortment of band pics. I mean, the fact that the song is about an airplane crashing to earth has a lot of potential for a really powerful AMV or just a music video in general.

And 'In The City...' hah. Don't get me started. This was not half-bad, however. Too many angsty people for my liking, though. More shots of the city, please?

I can only hope that, before Bloom 06 comes out with Crash Test 02 around April or May, I can find the other six songs on the first album.




3 comments:

Stupid Iz-iot said...

It's kinda weird hearing Eiffel 65/Bloom 06 without the techno-rific voice-overs, BUT I LIKE WHAT I HEARD OF THIS NEW STYLE. WERE THEY ALWAYS ITALIAN?

Like I told you before, 'In The City' is my favorite out of what I've heard so far, which is only the two that you've been able to download. :D

I seem to have a penchant for songs that should be played at night, while driving, and, haha, in a city.

Muffie said...

Yes, they were always Italian. Their real names are Maurizio and Gianfranco, if that helps clarify. xD

I've recently uncovered some more--even the three Italian ones--so I'll have to let you listen sometime soon.

Like 'Days Go By' by Dirty Vegas? That's the epitome of a night-driving song, in my opinion. xD

Stupid Iz-iot said...

OH MYLANTA, I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THAT. 'Days Go By' is definitely a night-time driving song...but I might've been influenced by the car ad. awhile back that played that song. :3